2019-04-12

Vinyl Review: Sara Bareilles - Amidst The Chaos

Artist: Sara Bareilles
Album: Amidst The Chaos
Release Date: April 5, 2019
Label: Epic

Sara Bareilles has been one of my favorite songwriters since I first heard her hit "Love Song" back in 2007.  Her ability to capture emotion in her words and music makes me want to be a better songwriter myself.  In fact, her song "The Light" from the Kaleidoscope Heart album is one of my all time favorite songs, so when I saw she had a new album coming out I quickly pre-ordered it.

After the departure that was What's Inside: Songs from the Waitress, which was a Broadway play, I was looking forward to the return to form.  While I enjoyed the last album, it wasn't really what I think of when I think of Sara Bareilles.  Amidst the Choas is a wonderful return to that songwriting that I fell in love with, and the vinyl package is pretty cool.


Cover
The album comes in a nice textured matte gatefold that not only looks cool but feels cool.  It feels different than a standard vinyl album cover.  I think that the texture was a great touch and makes the album stand out.  Inside the fold are two lovely pictures of the singer, and on the back of the cover are the song titles and another nice photo of Sara.

The albums come in custom paper sleeves with a picture on one side and song credits on the other.  As always, I removed the records from the sleeves and safely put them in a poly sleeve for protection.  The vinyl is pressed on standard black vinyl, which is gorgeous.  Each side has a different colored label, although sides A and D have the same color, but with the artist's name and album title alternate colors.

Back cover
Sonically, the album sounds fantastic.  There is little to no noise during silent parts, and the music and vocals are mixed beautifully.  The album was produced by T Bone Burnett and mixed by Mike Piersante. Some of my favorite tracks currently are "Armor", "Eyes On You", "Wicked Love", and "If I Can't Have You".  I found myself really enjoying each track so my favorites may change each time I listen to the album.

Overall, I think the album package is top notch.  You get lots of photos, a cool gatefold with a textured finish, and a sonically awesome album.  The only thing I would have changed is to include the sleeve photos and information in a booklet or flat and put the records in paper or poly-lined sleeves instead.  That is a personal preference, but it saves the vinyl from static and potential damage when pulling it out of and putting it back in the sleeve. If you are a Sara Bareilles fan, and you should be, I highly recommend picking up Amidst The Choas on vinyl from your local record store.  You won't be disappointed.

As always, check out the gallery below for more pictures of the album packaging.  Thanks again for reading, and keep spinning vinyl friends.

Inside Gatefold Left Inside Gatefold Right

Disc One Sleeve Front Disc One Sleeve Back
Disc Two Sleeve Front Disc Two Sleeve Back

Thanks for reading this blog.  Please share it with your social media followers.  Follow me on InstagramTwitter or Facebook, and please subscribe to the Brian's Vinyl Records podcast which is available on your favorite podcatcher.  Also, check out our website http://www.briansvinylrecords.com for industry news, upcoming releases, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. We will review it and as long as your comments aren't crude, mean or vulgar, we'll post them!